Sunday 12 July 2015

REVIEW: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

Hey guys,
What I have for y'all today is a little review on this here sponge from Real Techniques. I read reviews that this was an amazing sponge and everyone needs it in their lives etc etc, so I decided to go out and purchase it to see what all the fuss was about. Read on for the review...





Okay so I think the reason why this sponge is so well-known is because apparently, it's a really good dupe for the Beauty Blender. But since I don't own a Beauty Blender and I never will because I would never pay that much money for a sponge, I decided to give this one a try instead. Here's what it looks like:


It's orange, and it's got a pointed bit at the top and a flat bit at the other end, which I think is pretty useful when putting on foundation or concealer on certain areas of your face. The sponge is pretty small initially, but after soaking it in some water it expands quite a bit and gets so much softer and spongier.

Before adding water

After the h2o magic

So to test this out, I put a little bit of my foundation on the back of my hand and used the Miracle Complexion sponge to blend it into my skin. And I have to say, I actually love the finish it gives! It looks super natural and like my actual skin, which is what I want my face to look like, not like I'm wearing a foundation mask (oh the horror)

Before blending

After (!!!!!)
Honestly, you can't even tell there's any foundation there at all.

So there are a couple different ways to blend out stuff with this sponge, either by just dragging the sponge around your face to blend foundation or by dabbing it onto certain areas that you wish, for better coverage. By dragging, the sponge sheers out your foundation, so even full coverage foundations won't look THAT full coverage. And that's not good to cover up all dem acne on my face, so what I do is drag it around first to make a nice base for my face and even out redness, then I would dab the sponge onto the areas of my face that need the most coverage, and it works pretty well that way.

You can also use this sponge to apply cream products like cream blushes, contour, highlight, pretty much anything that you want tbh

So all in all, I am very happy with this sponge and I can no longer live without it. It's become a staple to my daily makeup routine and I am very glad that I decided to give it a shot. So bottom line is: I love it and I think everyone should give this a try, especially because it really is very inexpensive compared to the Beauty Blender. So if you're like me and you're a cheapskate who can't afford to fork out $$$ for a high-end sponge, settle for this instead and you'll get results just as good. Check out this product on Real Techniques' website here. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment