Monday 23 November 2015

REVIEW: Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks!





Hello there!
A week or so back, dollskill.com was having a one-day only free worldwide shipping promo on their website, so OBVIOUSLY I had to jump in and get some stuff! Their international shipping usually costs around $30 which is ridiculously expensive if I were to just buy one or two items >.<

I knew that they carried Jeffree Star Cosmetics, so those were the only things I was bothering to look at in their store (unless I'm secretly interested in getting nipple stickers or marijuana-print socks, you never know). The liquid lipsticks were USD$18 each, and since shipping was free that made them around RM80 each, which was a bargain! Instagram shops and Carousell sellers usually had them for around RM90-100 a pop, so that was what I told myself to justify this expensive purchase hehe

So initially I only wanted to purchase one lipstick, because obviously i'm a broke-ass student and I can't afford to buy more than one without having to starve myself until my next allowance comes in (for point of reference, the price of one Jeffree Star liquid lipstick can comfortably pay for my meals for a week 😬). Also spending 80 bucks on a lipstick was going into my personal book of records as my most expensive makeup purchase ever. Buttttt I was undecided between Celebrity Skin and Doll Parts and put both in my cart, and ended up accidentally getting both. Oops. No ragrets

Anyway, here are the beautiful, beautiful lipsticks:


Left: Celebrity Skin, Right: Doll Parts
Without flash. Top- Celebrity Skin, bottom- Doll Parts
With flash

Okay first of all, these colours are TO DIE FOR PRETTY. I love them. Doll Parts is like a dusty, darker version of a Barbie pink. I was initially a little hesitant to get Doll Parts because based on swatches I saw online, it looked like it would show up pretty bright on tanner skin like mine, and it does. I mean, it isn't obnoxiously bright or anything, just brighter than what I'm used to wearing, but I can still werk it 💁🏻 Another reason why I almost didn't get it was because its online swatches looked really similar to Colourpop's Clueless liquid lipstick, which I already owned. But upon comparing them irl, they are definitely way different. I love it so much more than I thought I would. 

And do I even have to talk about Celebrity Skin? It's a cult favourite for a reason. It's a beautiful warm brown nude that will suit sooooo many different skin tones, including mine. I can definitely see myself reaching for this a whole lot in the future. 

The formula of these remind me a lot of Colourpop's Ultra Matte Lips in terms of consistency. But how they sit on your lips is definitely different than CP's. These are more comfortable, and I don't mind these so much because I tend to forget I even have them on. These didn't dry completely matte on me, they stayed a wee bit tacky but I liked that. I'm not much of a fan of matte lipsticks in general tbh, and after wearing these for a few hours my lips would start to feel a bit dry and crackly, but then again it happens with every lipstick I wear so it's not much of an issue.



So, was this worth spending most of my monthly allowance on? The answer is definitely yes. Would I purchase more in the future? Yes, but only if I get as good a deal as I did this time (and also when Androgyny comes back in stock). I would definitely recommend y'all snap these up, especially Doll Parts because it's a limited edition holiday colour and once it sells out, it ain't ever coming back. So my verdict? 8 out of 10 lipstick emojis 💄

Listening to: pre-2012 Justin Bieber and life has never been better

No comments:

Post a Comment