Wednesday 13 January 2016

Mitsui Outlet Experience + Sasa Haul & Mini Reviews!


Heylooo there,

So the other day me and my family went to Mitsui Outlet Park near KLIA because it was my mom's birthday and she wanted a little shopping treat for herself, so we drove all the way there (which took around 40 minutes).

It was my first time there so I was excited because I keep hearing people say how cheap the things are! The place was bigger than I expected and there were quite a few stores in there, ranging from clothes, shoes and kids stuff to kitchenware, makeup and fragrances, etc etc. One thing I was a little disappointed by was the not-so-good selection of places to eat. Hopefully they'll open more restaurants in the future.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the place so I can't show you, but it was alright, it looked like any other mall to be honest. Now I had heard that there was a store there selling cheap Mac and Bobbi Brown products and stuff like that, so I hunted around and found it. It was called the Company Cosmetics Store, and they had a few higher end brands in there that were selling for cheaper than retail. They had some limited edition Mac products in there, like a couple of things from the Toledo collection and a selection of eyeshadows from the Wash and Dry collection. They also had a bunch of Paint Pots, single eyeshadows, Cremesheen lipsticks, foundations, etc. But, me being a broke college student I can't afford any of those, even after the discount, so I left the store empty handed.

Next stop was Sasa! Now this was a store that I could actually afford to buy stuff in lmao. They had a loooooot of sheet masks in there, a bunch of skincare products and nail polish, and the makeup section wasn't too shabby. Not to mention that all the things there were cheap! I found a little table full of products by The Balm and got excited, but a lot of those products were opened, swatched, dirty, broken, and generally gross so I mostly stayed away. I did, however, grab their Overshadow in the shade Work Is Overrated. This retailed for RM59, but I got it for RM20! But as you can see by the packaging, the colours are faded on the box and this expires in 7 months time, so it must be pretty old.



But nevertheless, it's still a beautiful taupe-y silver colour with multicoloured glitter in it. These Overshadows were meant to be eyeshadow toppers, so you're supposed to put them on top of any eyeshadow you already have on to add that extra bit of glitter and shimmer. Here's this swatched so you can see what I'm talking about:



The left swatch is without a base, and the right one is over a black base. The left picture is in direct light whereas the right picture is not. (Can you tell I'm in a bathroom? lol)The colour shows up a lot better over the black base than it does on it's own. To be honest if you put it on on it's own, you'll only be able to see bits of glitter and not much colour to it at all. Also, as you can see from the two pictures in direct light the Overshadow appears almost opaque, but when its not then you almost can't see it at all. 


Here's a macro shot of the glitter. As you can see, its mostly a taupe-y silver base, with green, purple and silver reflecting glitter. Super pretty!

Next up are some sheet masks! I obviously had to grab some because they were 4 for RM10 so helloooo, I ain't stupid enough to pass up on that deal. I grabbed these 4:


I grabbed the Aloe and Cucumber Essence Mask from Skinlite, the Pearl Facial Mask from Sasa's house brand Sasatinnie, and also a Green Caviar Hydrating Face Mask from Sasatinnie as well. 

Since I've tried 3 out of the 4 I got, I can give y'all some little reviews so you know which to get and which to skip. 

1. Aloe Essence Mask from Skinlite
This is the first one I tried and all I can say is it was aite. The texture of the liquid inside was nice, it wasn't too runny or too thick, so it sat nicely on my skin. If I'm not mistaken it had a pleasant, skin care-y sort of smell to it so that wasn't bad. All-in-all, it was okay. I'm not wowed by it, it didn't particularly hydrate my skin or anything, it was just okay.

2. Pearl Facial Mask by Sasatinnie
This one tho. SKIP THIS. The liquid on the mask was soooooo runny, it was literally dripping off my chin. And all the product from the top of the mask near my forehead would flow downwards because it was so runny and drip off, resulting in the upper part of the mask not being as wet as the lower half which sucked. Also, the scent! It had a really strong scent, kinda like Arabian oud which I did. not. like. at. all. There were no changes at all to my skin, no hydration, nothing. The liquid kinda just disappeared when I took the mask off, unlike some other masks where the liquid would kinda act like a moisturiser and sit on your skin which I liked. Also, the shape of the mask made it really hard to stay on my skin and it kept trying to slide off. DO NOT BUY THIS ONE. 

3. Green Caviar Hydrating Face Mask by Sasatinnie
On the opposite end of the scale, this mask I LOVED. The product on the mask felt super rich and gooey and moisturising, the shape and cutting of the mask made it really comfortable and it stuck very well to my face. It doesn't have a scent which I don't mind at all. The only negative thing I have to say about it was that when I put it on it kind of irritated my face and stung a little? But that could have been my own skin's fault for being dry. But! What I also love about this one is the fact that it makes my skin feel amazing after taking it off! I massaged the excess product into my skin after taking the mask off, and it feels really nice and absorbs well. My skin feels sooooo soft and smooth and moisturised, its amazing. I would definitely, definitely repurchase this one!


So the last things I picked up were nail polishes! I got a couple Sally Hansen nail polishes, they were 50% off the prices shown below so they were RM7-8 a pop! The colour selection was enormous, there was a whole table to dig through of different brands and colours. I picked up the two below, both of which are stunning and I could not resist getting them.


The one on the left is in the shade Pacific Blue and on the right is Emerald City. But of course, the downside was that these are really old and are gonna expire this year, but to be honest I don't really mind. 

I put on Emerald City and I am so freaking obsessed with how gorgeous this colour is!


bduwicnrhuwrhwidhnwjdnwjrnwq

So this concludes this haul. Overall, I'm quite happy with what I got this time around, and I would definitely repurchase a couple of these things! So if you haven't been to Mitsui Outlet Park you should definitely check out the Sasa in there for cheapy items, you won't regret it ;) Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment