Wednesday 24 June 2015

REVIEW + SWATCHES: NYX Butter Glosses

Hey guys,

So recently I ordered these 4 Nyx Butter Glosses:



These were my first NYX products everrrr and it's crazy that it took me this long to try them out seeing as they have an incredible amount of hype around their products!



I got four glosses, in the shades Creme Brûlée (which is a pinky nude), Red Velvet (obviously, a bright red), Merengue (a light purply-pink), and Peaches and Cream (which is a bright ass peachy pink).




These glosses have a doe foot applicator like in the picture below, which gives you a good amount of product, not too much or too little.


Okay, first thing about these glosses is the smell! They smell absolutely incredible, like vanilla cake batter and I have to hold myself back from licking it all off my lips haha they smell so good. These glosses are decently pigmented, I find that the most pigmented one is Red Velvet where I would only need one swipe for a ton of colour. Red Velvet is the only gloss in the swatches below where I only did one swipe on my hand, the rest needed 2-3 swipes to show up that much on my skin. They are smooth and really glossy, but they don't feel uncomfortable on the lips which is awesome.



My favourite colour out of the bunch is Creme Brûlée, because its super wearable, its such a pretty nude colour that I can wear with any outfit or look. Unfortunately it doesn't show up much if I wear it alone on my lips (because my lips have a dark pigmentation), so I would have to wear a lipliner or lipstick beneath it. Same goes to Merengue, because my lips are dark it doesn't show up so well which is sad.

 I ordered these off of cherryculture.com because they were having like a crazy sale and these were only $1.50 USD each (but last time I checked, they stopped selling those and now they're upgrading their website, so check back often to see when they're reopening!). But these retail for $6 I think, and in Malaysia it's something around RM25 at Sephora (I can't remember the exact price though so don't quote me on that)

So all-in-all, I love these glosses for adding a touch of colour and gloss to my lips, I love the colours and the smell, so I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to try these out.


No comments:

Post a Comment