Thursday 24 March 2016

Colourpop's Lumiere vs Lumiere 2 Comparison!

Hello there!
The post I have for y'all today is a little comparison of Colourpop's Lippie Stix in Lumiere vs it's liquid lipstick sister, Lumiere 2! These two shades were created by my queen, KathleenLights on YouTube and I love them both! These are supposed to be really similar to each other colour-wise, but I think they're completely different. And that's not a bad thing at all, I'm glad they are!

Lumiere is a Lippie Stix, which is just a regular lipstick, with a comfortable matte finish. It's a beautiful purply, pink-y mauve and I think it's so flattering for a lot of different skin tones!

Lumiere 2, on the other hand, is a darker, more purple Ultra Matte Lip that dries down to a completely matte finish. If you're familiar with the Colourpop liquid lipsticks, you'll know that they have quite a thin formula and they can be drying, which a lot of people don't like about them. Buuuut, I find that Lumiere 2 is wayyyyy thicker and creamier than the Ultra Matte Lips I own from before, so I'm thinking that Colourpop might have improved the formula. It feels better on the lips too!

Here are the swatches (excuse my horrific camera quality, I'm working on getting an actual camera to take pictures instead of using my phone!):


As you can see, Lumiere 2 is a lot darker and has more purple in it than the original Lumiere does. Love them both though! 

What do you guys think? Do you own one or both of the shades? And how do you think they compare? Let me know in the comments!

Goodbye for now ~

No comments:

Post a Comment